Hello

Hello

Postby Jess » Wed May 07, 2014 11:49 am

Hello everyone. My name is Jess and I have just joined. I have long been interested in what would happen should civilisation collapse and how we would survive - unlikely though that may seem - so I found the book really interesting. I am also interested in self sufficiency so grow my own fruit and veg (with varying degrees of success), keep chickens, preserve fruit, make jam, have a well stocked freezer full of home cooked food, rarely use any processed food, have my own log supply and generally try to waste nothing. I suppose my motto is "Prepare for the worst but hope for the best" and although I sincerely hope that we would never, ever, have the worst happen, this book has raised issues for me beyond immediate survival that I had simply not considered. I can heat my home and cook without using electricity because we have had a multifuel range installed and I can light my home using my stock of candles. However, I doubt that I would have the skill or capacity to deal with some of the more technical issues raised but at least I will now think about them. I look forward to learning a lot more from discussions with other members of this site.
Jess

Return to New members