germanforestgump´s vita

germanforestgump´s vita

Postby germanforestgump » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:36 pm

Many greetings to You all!
Please excuse my not very good english.

I was born in Western Germany 1964 and grew up all my childhood under the Cold War and feared always the eradication of my homeland by an atomic Third World War.
So i was as child always very interested in questions how to stop or survive catastrophs.
When i came to choose my profession 1983, i decide to learn agriculture, because it seems me to be the most important profession at all.
But i didnt work in this profession, because it was too expensiv for me to buy and build up an economic sucsessfull farm.

With my mother i managed a little private pension on a lonely water-mill in the forest Hunsrueck not far from the US-military airport Hahn and one of the biggest bomb- and munition-depots in Germany.
After end of Cold War, these places was returned to civilian economic units.
The munition-depot is new structured as a center for renewable energy.
As one member in a little local NGO for the transition to sustainable local economy, we had given some important impulses to this.

After selling the mill, i´m now working as industrial night-security and besides, as milk-probe-collector on some dairy-farms.
So i´m reading very much, and i´m engaged in three survival+preparing+selfsufficient-gardening online-communitys,
where these topics are discussed on a high level and where i found the link to Your book.

Many thanks to Lewis for Your important input to this Topic.
Now i have to dig out my old school-english in the hope to be able to follow the debate.
germanforestgump

Re: germanforestgump´s vita

Postby lewis » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:44 am

Thanks for your post, and sharing your fascinating life-story with us! I don't know if you saw from the message boards you mentioned, but the book came out this month in German, DAS HANDBUCH FÜR DEN NEUSTART DER WELT. I do hope you enjoy reading through these Discussion pages...
lewis
Site Admin

Postby germanforestgump » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:34 pm

Dear Lewis,
thank You very much for Your kind welcome.
Of course, i have ordered the german version of Your book directly at Hanser Verlag,
(because i don`t like the way of business making of amazon)
and have already read it in two nights.

I have found only two very little and unimportant mistakes in the german version:

- the fruit flesh of plumes? (Pflaumen, alles "Obst") is not the energy-saver of the seedling, this would be the oil-rich kernel in the hard shale; the fruit-flesh of all "covert-seeders"? has the function to attrack animals as seedlings-carriers and -distributors.
It grows from the blossom-bottom and is hypertrophic by human breeding-selection.
The grain? (wheat, rye, barlow,...) as a "naked-seeder"? has no similar strukture.

- Not the straw of "Raps" is a powerfull stockfeed, but the cake which ist left after pressing the oil out of the seeds, this is very rich in proteines.
The straw is mostly pluggend into the earth after harvesting,
only if the farmer is extremly short with better grain straw, he may use it for animal bedding or for heating.

Maybe You could correct this in the next version.

At all, the book is a very compact resume of the most important technical facts.
I hope there will appear a second book about things as "nation building", "justice evolution", "peace keeping" and "democracy" in order to make not the same old mistakes in the new civilisation!

with best wishes, Your Hans
germanforestgump

Postby lewis » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:00 am

Hi Hans,
Thanks ever so much for bringing those errors to my attention. We're currently finalising the text for the paperback version of the book, so I will certainly have those corrected now - cheers!
L
lewis
Site Admin

Return to New members