Hello from "The Middle" (other side of "The Pond")

Hello from "The Middle" (other side of "The Pond")

Postby Saber Bob » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:53 pm

Namely in Topeka, Kansas, USA.

Just finished Lewis' book a few days ago--overall, a real nice introduction to the subject, though I have a few disagreements.

Anyway, I'm 54, male, and have a background in history (didnt quite get my BA). I've been interested in survivalism from way back in the 1970s when the late Mel Tappen was publishing articles in the US magazine Guns and Ammo essentialy creating the modern survivalist movement. I myself post articles and reviews at Zombie Wiki and Amazon under "Saber/Sabre Bob"
Saber Bob

Re: Hello from "The Middle" (other side of "The Pond")

Postby lewis » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:48 pm

Hi Bob,
Thanks for that. I'd genuinely like to hear what you disagree with? Hopefully to be able to improve this project over time!
L
lewis
Site Admin

Postby anonymole » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:39 am

I'd be curious as to what demographic has both, read Dr. Dartnell's book, as well as navigated the labyrinth of this forum to arrive, well, here?

Dr. Dartnell, a private forum is so 2000. There are other, more easily consumed and therefore promotional, venues than a private forum. But of course, you know that.

Who else is 50's, well read, (male), schooled (semi or full), somewhat recalcitrant and perhaps somewhat curmudgeon?
anonymole

Postby lewis » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:59 am

Hi Anonymole,
This discussion board is something I set up at the same time as the book's website, mostly to see what happens. But you're right, it's never quite taken on a life of it's own. What other options would you suggest for providing a discussion space?
Thanks, L
lewis
Site Admin

Return to New members