Begin Quotation from Amazon:

The Lucifer Bug: The Road to Clachtoll Feb 24, 2015
by Maurice Goldsmith
Kindle Edition
$2.99
Auto-delivered wirelessly
End Quotation

There is one review by Stephanie Sorrell, dated May 20, 2015

Mr. Goldsmith recently joined this forum, and has made contributions.

(th)
Last edited by tahanson43206 on Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
May every member of The Knowledge forum grow financially, intellectually, socially and beyond.
tahanson43206

Re: The Lucifer Bug: The Road to Clachtoll Maurice Goldsmith

Postby Strongbow » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:56 pm

Just ordered it for my kindle.... My wife will chase you down if you make anymore posts about books worth reading! :lol:
Strongbow

Postby tahanson43206 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:09 pm

This is for Strongbow, but also for anyone else who decides to download "The Lucifer Bug".

Please think about how this book would work as a movie.

While it has a UK setting, it does make reference to US assistance and European defenses. Both of those could be expanded in a movie to add parochial interest.

This would be a PG13 movie for sure.

Product placement would include a copy of "The Knowledge" on the leader's bookshelf.

The scenery has potential to be stunning.

(th)
May every member of The Knowledge forum grow financially, intellectually, socially and beyond.
tahanson43206

Postby Maurice Goldsmith » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:32 pm

Hi Strongbow

Thanks for ordering it - this is my first attempt at writing a novel and at self-publishing, so I'm interested to hear what you think!

(th) - thanks for your movie suggestion - it would be an interesting project, and you're quite right, Scottish scenery is stunning! I'm building up a collection of images on the book's website.

Maurice
I am the author of a post-apocalyptic novel - The Lucifer Bug http://www.theluciferbug.com/
Maurice Goldsmith

Postby Strongbow » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:15 pm

th - yes will read it and have a think. I just hope it wouldn't lose itself by 'going abroad'. I'm looking forward to starting it.

Maurice - Yes of course. I've only read a few UK based books as this topic is most written about in the US. I really enjoyed 'There Falls No Shadow' by David E Crossley which is based in Scotland. Have you considered putting it to paperback? I only ask as I like mine signed to me! Several others have been kind enough to do so for me.I will also post a review on amazon too.
Strongbow

Postby Maurice Goldsmith » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:35 pm

Hi Strongbow
I'm "testing the market" with the kindle version for now, but a few people have asked for a paperback so I'll certainly have to keep it in mind. Many thanks for offering to post a review!
Maurice
I am the author of a post-apocalyptic novel - The Lucifer Bug http://www.theluciferbug.com/
Maurice Goldsmith

Postby germanforestgump » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:25 pm

I will try to come around the "big river company" as far as possible,
because i see the danger that this trust will get a total monopolised power on most cultural and economic activities around the world.
Is there an alternative way to get Your book?
germanforestgump

Postby Strongbow » Sat May 28, 2016 10:56 am

I really enjoyed 'bug' and thought it was very original in its ideas and technology, which initially I struggled with but very quickly got over. Now please write another one! :D :D :D
Strongbow

Postby Maurice Goldsmith » Sat May 28, 2016 2:47 pm

Thanks Stongbow!

I've got a sequel half written, so your comments will encourage me to finish that off. I'm also doing some of what's in the book in real life (setting up the retreat), so hopefully there will be some writing coming out of that too.

Maurice
Maurice Goldsmith

Postby Strongbow » Sun May 29, 2016 9:20 am

Maurice - great news! Will you be able put them out in paperback, too? I find Kindle really useful, but I do like a signed book in my bookcase (hint hint!).

Regards,

John
Strongbow

Return to Best post-apoc novels?