Childbirth?

Childbirth?

Postby illuminatedwax » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:27 pm

I noticed that a huge missing piece out of the medicine chapter was one of the most important things for human survival: childbirth.

Childbirth can be a very dangerous procedure. The number of ways both mother and child could die are immense: for example, if the mother has not gotten enough protein before childbirth, she will probably bleed to death. Unfortunately I'm not a doctor or even a nurse, but I think that missing information about this topic (as well as sterile feminine hygiene) sadly makes this a pretty male-oriented book of knowledge. Hopefully future forum goers can put information here, and hopefully future volumes will have this information added to the book.
illuminatedwax

Re: Childbirth?

Postby lewis » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:42 pm

Thanks for your thoughts. I do include some detail on child birth; talking about, for instance, the importance of cleanliness and hygiene (one of the greatest causes of problems in obstetrics before Ignaz Semmelweis) and the use of birthing forceps in troublesome deliveries. Of course, there's only so much detail on any one topic that can be covered in a single book of 300 pages, and it'd be great to explore this further in the discussion pages
lewis
Site Admin

Re: Childbirth?

Postby germanforestgump » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:45 am

...and the knowledge how to avoid pregnancy in bad circumstances...
germanforestgump

Return to 7. Medicine